SCBBEC has been operating since 2006, and has to date made 12 investments:
- We are a 10% equity holder in 2 renewable energy projects, together with Aveng and Acciona (74 MW solar photovoltaic project and 135 MW wind energy project). We also hold a 10% equity stake in the operations and maintenance (O&M) company of these projects.
- We are a meaningful participant in Sasol's Inzalo black economic empowerment transaction.
- We are one of the participants in Murray & Roberts' broad-based empowerment scheme, the Letsema Sizwe Broad-Based Community Trust.
- We are a participant in Vodacom's YeboYethu transaction.
- We are a shareholder in MTN, via the National Empowerment Fund’s Asonge share scheme and MTN Zakhele empowerment transaction.
- We were one of five participants in ApexHi Properties' broad-based empowerment scheme. This investment was sold in April 2007.
- We are one of the participants in the Natural Resources Empowerment Fund, alongside Ditikeni, Women's Development Foundation, Safika Resources and others.